Monday 7 February 2011

Medallion stamping

Me again - he he!  Can't keep away!

Jill from Cardinal Cards has opened a new shop quite near me.  Its lovely and sells lots of scrummy things!!  She has kindly asked me to make some cards using Creative Expressions medallion U-Mount stamps.  There are four medallion and four text stamps.  So here are a few samples:

Both of the following cards have been heat embossed in gold on white and black card stock and then cut out. 


I matted a white card with gold and black and used my Big Shot machine to emboss the black card, Card Candy and the text is also from the stamp set.  I used different Pee Wee glitters.


This one uses the same stamp but I've turned it the other way round and used gold, black and white matts.  I've used gold Pee wee glitter, the gingham bow I've made with my bow maker and the text is from the same stamp set. 


This is one of the other medallion stamps.  I've used no glitter at all and heat embossed with white embossing powder on red and black card stock.  I've used card candy and again the text is part of the medallion stamp set.




The two cards use the same stamp.  The top one has been coloured in using Pro Marker colours and is stamped directly onto the card, with no layers.  I've matted it onto pink and lilac card and mounted it ona white card.  I made the flower using a couple of little flowers in my stash and a tiny little button.  The other card has been stamped onto acetate and glittered using all the Young at Heart Pee Wee glitters.  I then mounted the acetate onto lilac card, cut it out and then mounted it onto pink, rose pink, lilac and then rose pink matts onto a white card.  Another text from the set and some more card candy.


The last stamp I've just finished and I'm afraid the picture is not very good.  I heat embossed using white embossing powder onto pale blue, pale pink and cream.  They were glittered with Crystal Pee Wee.  I've used card candy and pale blue, pale pink and cream matts onto white card.

Jill has put them in the shop window together with the stamps and glitters so people can see what to do with the stamps.  I hope it works! xx

8 comments:

KraftyKaren said...

Really gorgeous Liz - I love the medallion cards but never seem to have the time to make them.

You will have to demonstrate your bow maker to me at the crop in April (not at the March one) as I always find it fiddly trying to tie bows but like to test gadgets first as I don't always find them easy to use with my funny hands LOL!!

Linda said...

Lovely cards Liz and it look like a good stamp set too.
You have a lot of patience for the details xx

Scrappy~Sarah said...

beautiful work Liz, I love medallions as they always come out beautiful...rarely have the patience to sit and do them lol

liz said...

Thank you guys, it really doesn't take that much time.
Of course Karen I'll bring it along in April - I've made a note in my diary! x

Anita said...

Liz, these ARE stunning! And even more so in the flesh, so glad I was lucky enough to see them last week. You really are so very clever....and such patience.xxx

liz said...

Thank you Anita, you're very kind. Not that clever or patient! x

Lynn said...

Simply beautiful Liz. You put me to shame I had one of these stamps for years and never used it!

liz said...

Thank you Lynn. I don't know why you haven't used the stamp. They're very easy and really don't take up a lot of time to do, just drying time, really. x