Monday 4 March 2013

life round the village pond


The other day I went to Beautilicious in Westham, East Sussex to have a manicure and pedicure.  Luxury!  Westham is a beautiful old village with the customary village pond.  I parked near the pond and on the way back couldn't resist wandering over to see what was going on.  It was still bitterly cold but the ducks and swans were out and about.
 

The swan was not particularly friendly and came over to see what I was doing - warning me off with an aggressive show,
 

but calmed down when he saw I was only taking pictures - and staying on the right side of the footpath!
 
The ducks came over to see if I had anything to eat
 
 
 
but on seeing I had nothing, turned their backs on me and went away!  So boring!
 
 
 
I shall come back again and see what the pond looks like when Spring eventually does spring!  x

No comments: