Me again - I know I'm always apologising for the long delays between entries on my blog - I've sort of got an excuse - I've been away visiting my son in Australia for a month and then my camera died on me! I've no more excuses now though - I got a new battery for the camera yesterday and I've been back from Oz since the end of January!!
Now when I was in Oz I bought some fabric squares. My friend Sue showed me a lovely patchwork book (sorry don't know the name) and which had a brilliant bag project using fabric squares. Meant to be. So Sue kindly photocopied me the project and voila - here is the bag! I'm quite pleased with it as I've never done anything like it before but its a bit bigger than I thought it would be.
The project required sewing the patches together, then sewing 'in the ditch' one either side of the contrast fabric as well as quilting each patch. I was not prepared for the amount of thread I had to use - nearly two complete spools of Gutterman!!
The bag is lined (I used an old linen sheet, which worked very well) and also has matching patched inside pocket.
Should I make it again though I shall make it smaller and possibly change the bag fastening as the one used is not all that secure. The project suggested using a magnet fastening, which I did, bought from that lovely fabric shop, the Pumpkin Patch in Hailsham, but the closure is not that strong. I also got the contrast fabric from the Pumpkin Patch.
Anyway I've made it and I'm very pleased with my first attempt. I hope you like it too.
Thank you for looking.