Wednesday 27 April 2016

Get well card

Good morning 

Isn't it lovely having the longer evenings and sunshine at last?  Even though it is still a bit nippy!

Today I thought I'd show you a 'get well card' I made for a friend of mine who is recovering from an operation.  I'd been sorting out some of my stamps (how did I manage to have so many?) and came across a Michael Powell Urban stamp from Docrafts which I hadn't used before (much to my shame!).  I thought it would be cheery and summery and quite appropriate for my card.    


I used a 6 x 6 white card and used a bright stripy backing paper which I think, was a freebie and matted it onto blue first and then red.


The seagull stamp I thought was so cute was also a freebie, but I thought it just added to the fun!  I slightly coloured him in but not to much detail.  He was also matted and layered.



The stamp was coloured in using my usual watercolour pencils and also some Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers.  I'm not very confident with these yet, but as I've bought them, I must persevere!


Please excuse both the lack of clarity on the pictures (I don't know why they're not coming up clearer) and also my foot at the bottom of this picture.  Not a pretty sight!!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

2 comments:

Linda said...

Lovely card Liz x

liz said...

Thankyou Linda. My friend did enjoy it, especially the seagull! xxx