Monday 12 October 2015

Medallion stamps


Hello

Many people ask 'what made you start card-making?"  I can clearly remember what started me off.

I had already started scrapbooking through my interest in Family History and would watch Create and Craft now and again.  I happened to be watching one day when the lovely Jayne Nestorenko was on showing her medallion stamps from Creative Expressions.  I was totally fascinated and hooked.  She made it look so simple, which it was, once you realised how it was done.

You can obtain many medallion stamps all of different designs and each one will make many different designs.  





This one was one of the first I did.  I used the stamp called Heart Lace.  You simply stamp the one stamp several times on different coloured card.  I used red and black and stamped using Versamark and white embossing powder.  You then cut out any of the shapes you can see in the stamp making each shape smaller than the previous one and alternating the coloured card.  Some of the layers can be glued flat and then, to get perspective, use Collall Decoupage Gel.


This one I used Versamark with silver embossing powder, Pee Wee glitters and red and pink card.  I am afraid I don't know the name of this stamp. The glitter is applied using Art Glitter Adhesive and it is easier if you can obtain a small nozzle on the glue bottle as you 'draw' the glue in between the lines of the embossed stamp.


I love this stamp.  It is called 'Snowflake' is very versatile.  Here I have used Versamark with gold embossing powder, black and white card and gold glitter.  It is very classy, isn't it?  I have also made it on acetate too and it looks very effective.  


Here I have used three different coloured card in soft colours and it totally changes the medallion, doesn't it?  It is still the same principle,  just alternating three colours.


This uses three coloured cards but much more dramatic.  I do love the colour combination of red, white and black, don't you?


This one is stamped with Staz-on ink on the back and glittered using Pee Wee glitters.  Glue and glitter it from the back of the acetate.  At first it looks wrong as you can only see the white glue but as the glue dries it goes clear and the glitters show through.

Well that's all for now.  

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: