Friday 9 October 2015

Pop up boxes

Hello again

Today i thought I'd show you some pop up boxes I have made.  I'm not sure 'pop up' box is the correct term but I think it describes what I've made.


A friend of mine asked me to make a card for a wedding they were going to.  I thought I'd do something unusual and saw this idea.  I'm afraid I can't remember where I got the template from but it was from the internet.  I am not taking credit for it.  


I first started by making the box out of plain card and then I embossed some Crafters Companion Centura white card with some of their embossing folders; the small dotty one, the small heart one and a Sheena Douglas embossing folder.  


I put embossed card on both the sides of the boxes as well as on the flaps and then used the Die'sire decorated butterfly, heart and flowers dies cut on card.  Using embossed card strengthens the box very well.



My friend seemed very pleased with the card and I was happy with the way it turned out.  The beauty of this card is that you can fold the box side-ways and it fits into an A6 envelope.  Very handy.  

I'll put an example of the same sort of box but using different decoration and how different it looks in a later post.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: