Friday 6 November 2015

Australian pop up box


Hello

On a previous blog (9 October) I showed a wedding pop up box I had made.  I thought it was quite unusual and when I had to decide on a card for my eldest son who lives in Australia, I thought I would use the box idea again and see what happens.  


Having to send it to Australia I was very conscious of weight so I didn't put embossed card on the flaps or the sides of the box.  It very much more flimsy than when I used additional card on the wedding card.  I wouldn't do it like that again.


The paper and toppers I used I had bought in Australia a few years before with the idea of using them on an Australian scrapbook page layout, which I never got round to.  These were ideal for my card.


I must say I was amazed at how different the cards looked using a variety of papers and toppers.  I shall definitely use the idea again when I need something unusual.


I didn't hear whether he appreciated the gesture but I have assumed he thought it was OK!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: