Sunday 15 November 2015

Hats and shoes!

 Hello again

A few years ago I came across the most wonderful wrapping paper (well I thought it was wonderful).  It was full of beautiful hats, handbags, shoes and dresses.  It was so lovely I couldn't resist buying a sheet.  I wish I'd bought more - its always the way, isn't it?


Anyway it was too nice to just wrap presents in and for it to be crumpled up!  So I decided to make some cards with it.  I happened to have some gorgeous hat stickers in my stash.  Unfortunately its so long ago I have no idea who made the hats stickers.

In this first pink card, I used white glitter card and added some straight-line peel-offs onto the edges.  I then backed the wrapping paper onto silver mirri-card which I raised up using Collall decoupage glue.


I put in an insert and decorated it with Anna Griffin's punch.  The pink of the base card shows the pattern off quite nicely.


The envelope I made myself using Crafter's Companion Enveloper and their paper.  I decorated the envelope flap using the pattern on the Ultimate Pro embossing box.





On the blue card using card from my stash, I cut the wrapping paper into a 5" square and popped it onto the card.  I then cut some thick acetate and used it as a wrap.  


I attached one of the hat stickers onto the front of the acetate and cut a matching shape on the back of the acetate to hide the glue.



I also added a ribbon around the acetate wrap to hide the back of the card and tied a bit of the ribbon on the front to make a small bow.



I decorated the insert using the Anna Griffin punch and and silver peel off in the shape of a matching hat. 


The envelope I made in the same way as the pink one using the same decoration from Crafter's Companion.


Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: