Sunday 21 February 2016

Downton Abbey - man's card

Hello again

I don't know about you but I really have loved Downton Abbey on the television.  I thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas episode, didn't you?  I am very sorry though that it is now all over.  

Anyway when Crafters Companion brought out the Downton Abbey CDs, papers and presentation box I have to admit I couldn't resist, and I bought them all!  

Now I'm looking for ideas on how to use them.  So I went to my usual place for inspiration - Crafters Companion blogs!  Im not very good with new ideas - I need something to work from and then I can make changes.  Where I can I refer back to my inspiration.

I had to make a card for my brother-in-law and I find it very difficult to make cards for men so this time I directly copied from one of the blogs.


I printed out two of the Card Companion from the CD and matching papers as well.  Following the example I cut out one of the Card Companions and, using silicone gel raised it up.  I matted the Card Companion and one piece of paper with black card and fixed it onto the backing paper, which was mounted on a 7" x 7" card.


I used one of my stamps for the greeting and mounted onto one of the labels from the Card Companion.  I also cut out four of the buttons which I had sprayed using gold Spray and Sparkle.



On the inside of the card I used the other Card Companion pattern and the rest of the backing papers, which I fixed flat.  This leaves room for me to write on.

I think it is a really ideal card for a man.

Thank you for looking.

Liz x



2 comments:

Anita said...

I am not a fan of Downtown Liz, but that card is fabulous! xx

liz said...

Thank you Anita. I do love that period but I'm not so good at using stuff from it± x