Friday 24 June 2016

Cup cake K-card

Hello

I was flicking through my pictures of cards I have made and came across this one.  I had come across a sample of a K-card, probably from Crafters' Companion!, and decided to have a go.

I had just bought the Create-a-Card cup cake die and thought it would make a brilliant K-card.


So, I used a pink glitter 6 x 6 card from my stash and cut the cup cake die from some pretty paper I also had in my stash.  Luckily the glitter card was pale pink on the inside.  You do need to use double patterned card as the die needs to have a contrast on the inside.  


I liked the way the glitter card showed through the die cut, adding glitter without me having to.


Then I cut another cup cake into the centre of plain A4 white card, which I had folded into a zig-zag shape, and carefully folded the cup cake in half, pointing upwards.  I also embossed the card through the die using pink ink and added some pink glitter to the flowers.


I fixed the die cut at the sides, leaving the cup cake free so it could pop out when the card is opened.


I added some more glittery card which I had in my stash over the ends of the card, hiding the white card.

The 'Happy Birthday' letters were just cut outs I had and I popped them on the card using Collal decoupage glue so they would stand proud.  I must say it was quite difficult fixing the word 'Birthday' down one side, but somehow I think it works!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x


No comments: