Friday 18 September 2015

More Whoopsiedaisy sewing

Hello, me again

I want to show you my cushion I made using Sharon's pattern.  Sharon gave us the appliqué patterns for all the flowers, birds and butterflies.  It did take me quite a while to do but I was very pleased with the result.  However it strengthened my belief I do not particularly enjoy appliqué nor blanket stitch!!  It has become quite a joke at class regarding my dislike of blanket stitch.


We started off with the appliqué and then went onto the border - this was made up with many small squares, using fabric to match.  We sewed each square into strips and then attached the strips using some wide ric rac to the appliqué square, adjusting where necessary.  

The little birds have some wadding under their wings to give some depth and texture and some of the flowers were made using little Suffolk puffs or curved petals.  Very effective.


The back was finished off using buttons and button holes.  Sharon showed us how to make button holes using the sewing machine and made it look so easy.  Which it is really once we knew how. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of the back so I'm afraid you'll just have to imagine it!

Thank you for looking.

Liz x

No comments: